Do You Know...
About Atlantic General Hospital's Construction Process?
- Atlantic General Hospital opened in May of 1993, six weeks ahead of schedule and below budget.
- The hospital was a $27 million dollar project including, $125/Sq. FT for 75,000 Sq. FT and equipment totaling $5.5 million.
- This project was created by a three-way-private-partnership...
- $5 million in state grants
- $2.5 million in Ocean City grants
- $5 million in County grants
- $4 million in private donations
About Atlantic General Hospital's Campus Design?
- AGH is a 62 bed Acute Care Facility with 56 acute general beds and 6 critical care beds.
- In 2003, a 33,000 square-foot expansion to the primary facility was completed primarily to expand the emergency department.
In 2008, the 42,000 square-foot James G. Barrett Medical Office Building opened on the hospital's campus, providing space for the Atlantic Endoscopy Center, the Atlantic General Hospital Wound Care Center and other healthcare services.
About Atlantic General Hospital's Medical Staff?
- AGH has a medical staff that consists of 194 physicians:
- 60 Active
- 3 Visiting
- 2 Honorary
- 24 Consulting
- 34 Contingent
- 24 Health Professional Affiliates
- 15 Community Affiliates
- 2 Locum Tenens
- 30 Provisional Staff
- In 2010, Baltimore Magazine published two lists, one "Top Docs" and a separate list of top doctors at the beach. The expertise of Atlantic General Hospital's medical staff was well represented, with 20 of our physicians making the list.
About Atlantic General Hospital's Community Relationship?
- The development of AGH created more than 700 year round positions.
- An annual payroll of over $30 million is spent in the community and Maryland.
- At least $7 million in new physician office construction was directly related to AGH
- Certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations since 1997.
- Among the first 1,000 vascular ultrasound laboratories in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico to be granted accreditation by the Inter-societal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories.
- Serves Worchester, Wicomico, Somerset, and Sussex counties as well as areas in Delaware and Virginia.
- AGH has memberships to the following organizations:
- Maryland Hospital Association
- American Hospital Association
- Ocean City Chamber of Commerce
- Ocean Pines Chamber of Commerce
- Pocomoke Chamber of Commerce
- Snow Hill Chamber of Commerce
- Bethany-Fenwick Chamber of Commerce
- Berlin Chamber of Commerce