Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I find out about open positions at Atlantic General Hospital?
A: Job opportunities are posted weekly on our website. Please visit the front desk in our main lobby to view the most recent job postings and fill out an application or you can call the Human Resources Department at 410-641-9612.
Q: How can I apply?
A: There are various options when applying for a position.
- You can apply online by clicking on the Apply page on this website.
- You can e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can fax your resume to 410-641-9715.
- You can apply in person at the front desk, located at our main entrance. Please ask the front desk representative for an application and return it to the representative when you have completed the application.
Q: Can I apply for more than one position?
A: Yes you can, but that option is not available online at this time. If you wish to apply for more than one position, please call the Human Resources Department at 410-641-9612 and let them know the positions in which you're interested.
Q: How does Atlantic General define the terms "shift," "full-time," "part-time," etc.?
A: Below is a brief overview of employment terms.
- Full-Time: Hired to work 8 or 10-hour shifts and maintain a regular scheduled minimum of 40 hours of work per week or hired to work 12-hour shifts and maintain a regularly scheduled minimum of 36 hours of work per week.
- Part-Time: Hired to work 32, 40, 56 or 64 regularly scheduled hours during a two-week pay period.
- Casual or Per Diem: Hired to work on an as needed basis. Not guaranteed a minimum number of work hours. Casual or Per Diem positions require the flexibility to work any schedule (day/night/evening) or hours based on the needs of the hospital.
- Temporary: Hired to fill a full-time or part-time position for a specified period of time only.
- Shift: Unless a position specifically outlines the work day and shift, most positions have variable or rotating work schedules or work hours. This will be noted on the employment listing.
Q: What happens if I see other positions after submitting my application?
A: You can call the Human Resources Department to speak with a representative. We will be happy to review your application for additional positions.
Q: How often should I reapply? How long do you keep applications?
A: We retain applications on file one year from submission date. If you have submitted an application within 12 months, there is no need to reapply. Simply call the Human Resources Department when you see a job opportunity. However, you want to be sure that your contact information and job history remains current. If there is a change in your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or work history, you should submit another application.
Q: After applying, how do I know that you have received my application? Should I place a follow-up call?
A: If you have applied online, you will receive a personal acknowledgment via e-mail.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: Our recruiting staff personally reviews all applications. If an applicant possesses the essential job skills/experience, the application will be forwarded to the director of that particular department. If there is a job match, the recruiter will contact the applicant to schedule an interview. If an applicant is not selected for an interview, he or she can continue to apply for other positions.