Atlantic General Hospital announced today that demolition of the east entry parking lot near the Outpatient Services entrance will begin on Monday, November 14. The activity marks the commencement of an improvement project that will include making the surface of the parking lot more level, eliminating most curbing and providing easier access to the Outpatient Services and Infusion Center entrances of the hospital.
The project is being undertaken to improve ease of access for hospital patients and visitors.
Hospital administrators acknowledged that traffic flow will be interrupted during the construction project, which is estimated to conclude in 90 days, but the benefits to patients and visitors will be substantial.
During the construction period, the following changes will be in place:
• Handicapped parking will be relocated to the areas closest to other Hospital entry points.
• Mobile lighting will be installed to improve visibility.
• Temporary signage will be provided on Healthway Drive and throughout the AGH campus to aid patients and visitors in making their way to the appropriate parking areas.
• Hospital security presence will be increased to assist with parking and patient/visitor directions.
• Patients arriving at the hospital for non-emergency care are asked to enter the hospital facility through the front lobby rather than the outpatient services entrance.
The construction will not affect patients arriving for emergency care; these individuals are to continue using the Outpatient Services entrance. Traffic flow along Healthway Drive will not be impeded, and all ambulances will continue to transport patients to the ER via the ambulance bay as normal.
About Atlantic General Hospital
Atlantic General Hospital has been providing quality health care to the residents of Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset (Md.) and Sussex (Del.) Counties since May 1993. Built by the commitment and generosity of a dedicated community, the hospital’s state-of-the-art facility in Berlin, Md. combines old-fashioned personal attention with the latest in technology and services. Atlantic General Health System, its network of more than 25 primary care provider and specialist offices, care for residents and visitors throughout the region. For more information about Atlantic General Hospital, visit www.atlanticgeneral.org.
This record has been viewed 1240