Atlantic General Hospital will be offering two free diabetes clinics to residents of Worcester and Somerset Counties (18 years & older) with limited resources.
The service is not intended to substitute for a physician’s recommendations or treatment, but program facilitators hope it will help certain individuals take charge of their diabetes. The clinics include limited education and:
• Glucometer and test strips for those who qualify
• Medication voucher (some restrictions apply)
• HgbA1C finger stick blood test
• Glucose finger stick blood test
• Blood pressure screening
• American Diabetes Association Risk Assessment
• Dietitian counseling
The health care professionals at Atlantic General Hospital will share other resources and options that will support a successful treatment plan.
Clinic location & time:
• Where: Atlantic Health Center
• When: September 6 & October 4, 2012
• Time: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
The clinics are intended only for residents of Worcester and Somerset Counties who are at least eighteen years old and meet specific income criteria. These free clinics are funded by Health Resources Services and Administration (HRSA) through Somerset County Health Department. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 410-641-9703.
This record has been viewed 817