In recognition of October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Atlantic General Hospital’s SAFE Program will sponsor a cell phone and lipstick drive from October 10 through October 31. The donated cell phones are reprogrammed for victims of domestic violence so they may access 911 if needed. Used lip stick vials are recycled into additional resources for the victims.
Either item may be dropped off at any of six Atlantic General Hospital and Health System locations:
• Atlantic General Hospital, Main Lobby or Emergency Department Registration waiting area
• Townsend Medical Center, on 10th Street in Ocean City
• Ocean Pines Primary Care Office, on Racetrack Road in Ocean Pines
• Dr. Arzadon’s office at the Atlantic Health Center on Healthway Drive, across from the hospital in Berlin
• Dr. Mathias’s office at Snow Hill Family Practice, on N. Bay Street in Snow Hill
• Dr. Socha’s office at Ocean View Specialists, on Atlantic Avenue in Ocean View, Del.
Jerrold Canakis Gastroenterology, on Main Street in Berlin
Drop-off boxes for the phones and lip stick tubes can be found in each of these locations. For more information about the cell phone and lipstick drive or the SAFE Program, please contact Stacey Fisher, RN in Atlantic General Hospital’s Emergency Department at 410-641-9630. For directions to any of these locations, please call 410-641-1100 or visit www.atlanticgeneral.org.
This record has been viewed 812