Please note that Atlantic General Hospital will not be opening the radiology technologist scholarship to new applications for the 2012 school year. Students currently enrolled will continue with the program. However, we were unable to place this year's graduates in employment to meet the terms of their scholarships because no open positions were available. Therefore, we will not be able to take on additional scholars. We plan to offer this scholarship again in the future.
James G. and Nancy W. Barrett Scholarship Program
Atlantic General Hospital/Health System has developed the James G. & Nancy W. Barrett Scholarship Program to offer assistance with tuition, health care benefits and flexible work schedules to an applicant who wishes to pursue a career in Radiology. The individual would, in return, work in our facility as a Radiology Technologist upon completion of the program.
The Scholarship Program provides fully paid tuition and required course books towards a degree in Radiology for selected persons. It also provides health care benefits to the individual (and family if necessary) at no charge. This program requires the scholarship recipient to work a flexible work schedule while maintaining full time status in the Radiology Technologist program. Upon successful completion of the program and national board exam, the Radiology Technologist agrees to work full time at Atlantic General Hospital for a specified time period.
Selection of Candidates based upon:
1. Completed employment application
2. Answers to essay questions.
3. Two references by current or former employers or educators who can attest to the applicant’s character, motivation and work ethic. References by employers are preferred.
4. Interview process with committee members.
Requirements of Selected Candidates:
1. Acceptance in an educational program pursuing a degree in Radiology at the time the scholarship is awarded.
2. Work at AGH a minimum of 12.5 hours a week and maintain Full Time status in the Radiology program.
3. Upon successful completion of the Radiology Technologist program and passing the national board exam and receiving their state license, the candidate will work full time for one year for each year in the scholarship program. The Radiology Technologist’s schedule will be based on the needs of the hospital, which will include rotating days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
4. Repay any and all expenses incurred by Atlantic General Hospital in the event candidate, does not complete educational program for any reason, does not meet work commitment, or is terminated for any reason. In addition, responsible to pay all attorneys’ fees and court costs which are the result of failure to pay the balance owed, when due.
Responsibility of Atlantic General Hospital to Candidate
1. Pay all tuition and books in full at the beginning of courses.
2. Provide scholarship recipient with health care benefits at no cost.
3. Provide a flexible work schedule in the Hospital/Health Systems.
4. Provide employment if available.
How to Apply
Please contact Michelle Tingle 410-641-9612 or send Michelle an e-mail
with any questions.